Enchanting Two-Level Cottage
2548 Pine St, San Francisco
Available Now $1,199,000
Escape and unwind in your own quaint hideaway! Nestled in Lower Pacific Heights, this tranquil two-level cottage is embraced by its own outdoor space on two sides and includes a private garage and storage area.
Leave the bustle of the city behind as you step through a garden gate into a charming brick patio surrounded by cascading bougainvillea, roses, and lavender. A charming, light-filled space awaits beyond the blue Dutch door. Arrive into the cozy living room with rustic elegance straight out of a story book. A wood burning fireplace anchors the room, and a large window seat is the perfect nook to read a book or look out at the garden.
The home’s kitchen has been meticulously designed with space-conserving Gaggenau appliances and thoughtful custom cabinetry and shelving. Enjoy your meals in the adjacent dining area, or dine al fresco on your private patio.
The upper level is a generous open space that can be easily divided into both a home office and a comfortable bedroom. The vaulted ceilings filled with several skylights and the large windows overlooking the gardens send natural light throughout the space. A large walk-in closet and full bathroom with shower over bathtub, built-in shelving, and medicine cabinet complete this level.
The cottage also features a detached laundry shed, an extra storage area in the main building, and its own deeded garage.
- Cottage circa 1885
- Featured in “The Cottage Book” by Richard Sexton, 1998
- Meticulously rebuilt by the previous owner in 1989
- Wood burning fireplace
- Well-designed kitchen with Gaggenau appliances, custom cabinetry and shelving
- Tile floors throughout main level, with fresh carpeting on the upper level
- Two Dutch doors open onto the brick patio
- Window seat overlooks lush garden space
- Multiple skylights distribute light throughout the upper level
- Large upper level ideal for both a bedroom and home office
- Full bathroom and walk-in closet
- Detached laundry room
- Deeded one-car private garage
- Deeded storage area